Trapping Rollbacks/Deletions

1 view

Brycum

Aug 13, 2002, 8:46:41 AM8/13/02
Is it at all possible to trap file deletions and rollbacks
using an Addin DLL? I was very surprised not to find
these in the list of trappable events. I would think
these are 2 of the most important events that you would
want to trap!

We've written an addin that stores checkin information in
a SQL database that ties the change to a defect number.
Then we can use this information whenever a customer
requests a patch for a particular bugfix. The problem is
if a developer rollbacks a change. Since there is no
event being trapped for this our information is now
inaccurate for that file because there will still be a
record indicated the file was changed. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Rich Knox [MS]

Aug 26, 2002, 4:48:52 PM8/26/02
You're correct that these events are not supported. I've entered a bug on
this and we'll consider adding support for these events in a future release.
Are there any other events that you would find useful? Thanks.

--
Rich Knox

"Brycum" <bry...@symix.com> wrote in message