Missing "SDK for Visual Studio 2008 Headers and Libraries"

Herzl Regev

May 25, 2010, 5:27:01 PM5/25/10
Installing Visual C++ 2008 Express on my WinXP SP3 fails because "Microsoft
Windows SDK for Visual Studio 2008 Headers and Libraries (x86)" is missing.
In the web I find at least two candidates: "Microsoft® Windows® Software
Development Kit Update for Windows Vista" and "Windows SDK for Windows Server
2008 and .NET Framework 3.5". Which one (if any) is the one I should install?
(And what good will it do me? - I didn't quite understand from the web.)