installation wizard has encounterd a critical error

Danny Van Grembergen

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Hello,

During installation of vstudio 6 on a win98 computer I received the
following message :
The installation wizard has encountered a critical error during
initialization
Error accessing inifile : f:\setupwiz.ini

I received this message after the startup from my computer.

Can somebody help me

mitchel...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013, 12:09:27 AM4/22/13
When installing VB6, I was able to install it successfully on my Windows 8 machine by (very oddly), copying the whole disc to the "%TEMP%" directory, and then executing setup.exe in XP SP3 compatibility mode. The installation didn't finish, but completed enough that VB6 worked just fine, and installed to "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.EXE"

obed.v...@gmail.com

May 31, 2013, 2:55:56 PM5/31/13
:S Dude, I got the same problem... when restarting (ending instalation) on a Windows 7 Virtualized Machine (VirtualBox)

dsabb...@gmail.com

May 14, 2016, 10:48:16 PM5/14/16

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

May 14, 2016, 11:16:56 PM5/14/16
This was solved in 1998. Go and Google for the solution. We can't
repeat it here.

solomon...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 9:37:50 AM10/8/18

😉 Good Guy 😉

Oct 8, 2018, 4:37:55 PM10/8/18
Windows98 is no longer supported.  You need Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition.  It is better than VS6.

Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition is free so please go an download it.

You are still living in 1998.  We are in 2018.  what happened?  Have you just woken up from a serious coma?  The entire world has changed and you'll have a lot of catching up to do.  Is anybody looking after you?

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.