System.Thread.ThreadException

P Vagrant

Sep 26, 2011, 11:17:39 PM9/26/11
Has anyone had a problem in which they are getting an error like: "An
Exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occured in
xxxxxx.dll but was not handled in user code" when they are navigating
within a .net web application? It started happening on my local dev
machine, it's happening on my production server, but it is not happening on
one of my developers's dev machines. It happens when someone navigates
between projects (modules, really that are each part of an overall Web
Application) within my web application. I was thinking that it might
have to do with corruption in the ASP.NET Temporary files stored in: %
SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber\Temporary ASP.NET
Files".

The error does happen mostly during a Response.Redirect command, and one of
the solutions I found said to use the overload of Response.Redirect
(page.aspx,false) to solve it. Unfortunately that doesn't help.

I'm a little leary of deleting the temporary .net files on the server.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time

- P Vagrant