HTML Help Image Editor - Help for HTML Help error

Morris Neuman

Aug 20, 2009, 10:52:01 PM8/20/09
Hello

I have installed HTMLHelp Workshop on three computers all XP Pro. On two
computers when I run HH Image Editor and then simply choose Help|Help Topics
I get the help window in the right edge of the Image Editor. But the five
hyperlinks at the bottom of the Home page all generate an error with a pop
that says:
Runtime error, Line 0, Object doesnt support this property or method.

The third link to File Formats gives the same runtime error but refers to
| mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\help\htmlhelp.chm::/flash/contents.htm

And when I choose to debug i vs2008 I get a msg about
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or
method.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I upgraded the flash player to ver 10.

On the third computer the Help works.
One thing I notice is that on the Help home page that works the hyperlinks
have small bitmap squares to their left and on the non-working system they
are missing.

How Can I get this fixed?

--
Thanks
Morris

Pete Lees

Aug 23, 2009, 1:47:38 PM8/23/09
Hi, Morris,

> I have installed HTMLHelp Workshop on three computers all XP Pro.  On two
> computers when I run HH Image Editor and then simply choose Help|Help Topics
> I get the help window in the right edge of the Image Editor.  But the five
> hyperlinks at the bottom of the Home page all generate an error with a pop
> that says:
> Runtime error, Line 0,  Object doesnt support this property or method.

Those hyperlinks aren't standard HTML links; they're trying to use the
HTML Help ActiveX control (hhctrl.ocx) to display lists of target
topics in a popup menu. So, the likelihood is that there is a problem
with the registration of this control on some of your computers.

It would be a good idea to run MJ's Help Diagnostics and have it check
for and refresh the registration of all the HTML Help DLLs. You can
download this utility from here:

http://helpware.net/downloads/index.htm#MJs

Alternatively, you can reregister the ActiveX control by typing the
following two commands in a Command Prompt window:

regsvr32 /u %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hhctrl.ocx

Pete