htmlhelp API not displaying japanese characters

amal

Dec 11, 2008, 5:21:38 AM12/11/08
to amal...@gmail.com, Jef...@easyhtmlhelp.com
Hi,
I am using the htmlhelp() APi to launch the help file of my
application. When I launch it in windows(english), the strings
'Contents', 'Index', Search' etc. are displaying in English only as it
should. But if I launch my aplication in a windows(japanese) machine,
the strings are still shown in English whereas it should be shown in
Japanese in a Japanese machine.

I have the hhctrl.ocx 1.41 version in my application
directory and then I checked the system32\mui\0411 folder and it has
the hhctrlui.dll file. Still why is this happening?? If I double
click the .chm file, the strings are shown in Japanese, but only when
I am launching it ffrom my applciation using Htmlhelp(), the strings
are English.

I am not talking about the help contents.Here I am talking
about the strings like 'Contents', 'Search', 'Index' which are shown
as tab headers when we open a .chm file. Can anybody please help
me ??

Mahmoud Ghoz

Mar 6, 2009, 5:15:56 PM3/6/09
Hello amal,
what is the culture of the running thread? You should set the current thread
with the current culture and change also the UI Culture.
This should solve your problem.

Mahmoud Ghoz
www.Ghoz.NET