code compare tool

Daniel Rimmelzwaan [MVP - Navision]

Aug 29, 2005, 10:11:00 AM8/29/05
Hello all,

I was wondering if Visual Studio comes with a code compare and/or merge
tool.

Thanks,
Daniel.

David Lowndes

Aug 29, 2005, 10:24:30 AM8/29/05
>I was wondering if Visual Studio comes with a code compare and/or merge
>tool.

Daniel,

I'm not sure which versions of VS have it, but Visual Source Safe has
a good difference display, and can merge sources that have been
branched.

There's also a stand-alone WinDiff program that will show differences.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Dan

Aug 29, 2005, 5:58:49 PM8/29/05
<daniel.ri...@nospam.tectura.com> wrote in message

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if Visual Studio comes with a code compare and/or merge
> tool.

Visual Source Safe (which comes with Visual Studio) has an excellent compare
utility but of course you need to be using VSS to store your code.

There is an EXCELLENT code compare utility called ExamDiff. See
http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff. The standard edition is
free.

grig...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2005, 3:07:43 AM8/30/05

> I was wondering if Visual Studio comes with a code compare and/or merge
> tool.

Yes, WinDiff comes with VS. You can also check our Compare It! tool -
http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm

Igor Green
http://www.grigsoft.com/
Compare It! + Synchronize It! - files and folders comparison never was
easier!

liutia...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2013, 10:02:58 PM1/21/13
You can try Compare++ which is a structured comparison tool and has a Visual Studio addin "CompareEnter". www.coodesoft.com