VS2010-bug: project can not see environment variable as in vs2008

sasha

Apr 20, 2010, 12:30:10 PM4/20/10
Hi

Since several years, i'm using a personnal add-in to vs2008 that launches
itself
with visual studio , read a text file and then set some environment
variables with the help of
Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable(l_variable.name
, l_variable.value);
At runtime , i can access a form in visual studio Tools menu and the
re-define any custom environment variable.

This trick allowed me to define any variable in my c++ projects , for
exemple i could define an include to a third party SDK like
$(XXX_SDK_INCLUDE).

It looks that in vs2010, projects can not see environment variable anymore
if there are defined at visual studio process level , only if defined at
user or system level.

Does anybody have a solution for that ?

Best Regards

wmc...@gmail.com

May 14, 2014, 9:23:09 AM5/14/14
I know the original post is old, but have you found a solution for your problem.
Because we work with a similar system. (didn't know that there are more people, that work like this :) )

Kind Regards
Wai-Ming