Where to put help in VSTO addins

David J Parker [MVP Visio]

Apr 26, 2010, 12:37:42 PM4/26/10
I have developed a VSTO 2010 addin for Visio 2010, and I have added a new
group on an existing built-in tab.
I would like to provide access to custom help, but don't want to waste space
on the ribbon. Can I hook into the little help button at the top right of
the ribbon?
What do other people do?

David J Parker [MVP Visio]

Apr 27, 2010, 4:51:20 AM4/27/10
Further to my question, I now remember that all of my ribbon controls
display "Press F1 for more help", which just leads me to the standard Office
on-line help. Obviously, I would like my own help files to appear, but I
found this comment from Andrew Whitechapel in 2008 in his blog
(http://blogs.msdn.com/andreww/archive/2008/04/02/vsto-loader-and-runtime-components.aspx)
:
"Unfortunately, no it is not possible to use a custom CHM help file or hide
the "Press F1 for more help" text in Office 2007"
Is this still the case in Office 2010??

"David J Parker [MVP Visio]" <dav...@bvisual.net> wrote in message