Help

Mi...@msn.com

Oct 24, 2008, 6:36:19 AM10/24/08
I have been working on a costomization of a ribbonbar for word. All
of a sudden I get the following error while attempting to run it

The Microsoft Office application has added this customization to the
Disabled Items list. If you continue, the application will run, but
the customization will not load. Do you want to continue?

I have tried to enable it in the addin section of word but I keep
getting the same error message

Any thought?

Cindy M.

Oct 27, 2008, 7:01:51 AM10/27/08
Could you provide more information, please? Is this a VSTO Add-in
we're talking about, or something else? Using which version of VSTO?

So you have "Show Add-in user interface errors" activated in the
Advanced tab of the Word Options?

While you were "working on a customization of a ribbonbar" were you
also editing code? Is this code in a Try...Catch block? Have you tried
commenting out all the code you were changing when the problem began?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

DHysong

Dec 11, 2008, 1:38:01 PM12/11/08
For anyone that may get this error, which I did with a word vsto app, I fixed
it by deleting a registry key in:

HKCU - Software - Microsoft - Office - 12.0 - Word - Resiliency -
DisabledItems

Open the keys, and try to find one that has your add-in. It's tough to
read, but your addin should be in the last 4 columns of the key.

I hope this helps someone.

--
Drew Hysong

andriassiwabessy

Apr 21, 2010, 7:59:40 PM4/21/10

Thanks DHyson!

It solved my problem now.

That registry path is important for anyone who developing application with VSTO. :)

DHyson wrote:

For anyone that may get this error, which I did with a word vsto app, I fixed

11-Dec-08

For anyone that may get this error, which I did with a word vsto app, I fixed
it by deleting a registry key in:

HKCU - Software - Microsoft - Office - 12.0 - Word - Resiliency -
DisabledItems

Open the keys, and try to find one that has your add-in. It's tough to
read, but your addin should be in the last 4 columns of the key.

I hope this helps someone.

--
Drew Hysong

"Mi...@msn.com" wrote:

On Friday, October 24, 2008 6:36 AM
Mik wrote:

Help

I have been working on a costomization of a ribbonbar for word. All
of a sudden I get the following error while attempting to run it

The Microsoft Office application has added this customization to the
Disabled Items list. If you continue, the application will run, but
the customization will not load. Do you want to continue?

I have tried to enable it in the addin section of word but I keep
getting the same error message

Any thought?

On Monday, October 27, 2008 7:01 AM
Cindy M. wrote:

Could you provide more information, please?
Could you provide more information, please? Is this a VSTO Add-in
we're talking about, or something else? Using which version of VSTO?

So you have "Show Add-in user interface errors" activated in the
Advanced tab of the Word Options?

While you were "working on a customization of a ribbonbar" were you
also editing code? Is this code in a Try...Catch block? Have you tried
commenting out all the code you were changing when the problem began?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

On Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:38 PM
DHyson wrote:

For anyone that may get this error, which I did with a word vsto app, I fixed
For anyone that may get this error, which I did with a word vsto app, I fixed
it by deleting a registry key in:

HKCU - Software - Microsoft - Office - 12.0 - Word - Resiliency -
DisabledItems

Open the keys, and try to find one that has your add-in. It's tough to
read, but your addin should be in the last 4 columns of the key.

I hope this helps someone.

--
Drew Hysong

"Mi...@msn.com" wrote:

Make Your Apps Talk to Each Other: Asynchronous Named Pipes Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/478ca475-2fd9-45d6-9090-5acdaeb00162/make-your-apps-talk-to-ea.aspx