Error while opening a Powerpoint Presentation in ASP.NET

shyam

Mar 11, 2010, 11:06:24 AM3/11/10
Hello,
I have an asp.net website which opens a Powerpoint. This website works on
windows server 2003 but when i load my website on windows server 2008 it gives
me error of "powerpoint cannot open this file". I tried with a Windows build
and was successfully able to open the Powerpoint. The error I get:

PowerPoint could not open the file.
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Presentations.Open(String FileName,
MsoTriState ReadOnly, MsoTriState Untitled, MsoTriState WithWindow)

I have the same Powerpoint version in both 2003 and 2008.

Thanks,
shyam

mat123

May 31, 2010, 8:29:44 AM5/31/10
shyam wrote on 03/11/2010 11:06 ET :
> Hello,
> I have an asp.net website which opens a Powerpoint. This website works on
> windows server 2003 but when i load my website on windows server 2008 it
gives
> me error of "powerpoint cannot open this file". I tried with a

> Windows build and was successfully able to open the Powerpoint. The error I
> get:
>
> PowerPoint could not open the file.
> at Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Presentations.Open(String FileName,
> MsoTriState ReadOnly, MsoTriState Untitled, MsoTriState WithWindow)
>

> I have the same Powerpoint version in both 2003 and 2008.
>
> Thanks,
> shyam

Hello Shyam, did you find a solution for this? I'm experiencing the exact same
problem!
Kind regards,
Mat