Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets

Neil

Jan 12, 2006, 11:01:02 AM1/12/06
I've created a VSTO smart tag (wow) in VS 2005 using a word template.
However, when I attempt to recompile the project I get

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.VisualStudio.OfficeTools.targets(96,9):
error : An error occurred while attempting to persist the data. The message
returned is: Failed to add the customization. Exception from HRESULT:
0x80040407.

If I create another VS word project I get the same. If I create a Excel
project it Builds

I've reinstalled VS 2005

any ideas?

Neil

Neil

Jan 13, 2006, 10:49:02 AM1/13/06
Okay, I've found the fix

Re run the install kit in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\VSTO\8.0\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Runtime
this fixed it for me, I'm guessing that the CSTOPersist.dll wasnt correctly
registered.

I found it using Filemon from sysinternals and looking to see what happend
just before the Event log access.