SVN to VSS

Shah Sachin

May 25, 2010, 9:54:26 AM5/25/10

We have huge SVN repository contains around 10 VS 2008 projects. It
contains shared projects

Today, I had inserted root folder by "Drag and Drop" to VSS client. I
am not able to do Checkout automatically from IDE.

Do I required any special settings ?

Regards,
Sachin

Jeff Clausius

May 27, 2010, 9:13:49 AM5/27/10

Sachin,

When you switch version control tools, you must "BIND" the projects and
solutions from one Source Code Control Provider (SCCP) to another.

If you added files to the VSS client, the easiest way to bind things is to :

a) Change the Tools -> Options -> Source Code Control (click the check
box to Show All options if needed).

b) Choose your SCCP. In this case it will be Visual SourceSafe.

c) Close the options.

d) From the Menu -> File -> Open. From the Open Dialog, choose the VSS
provider on the left. Login and browse to your solution, and set a
working folder if needed.

Visual Studio should now download everything from the VSS database, and
set the correct "bindings." Once the solution / project(s) are bound,
you should be able to check out/in from the VSS database.

HTH
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Looking to leverage VSS on Windows 7 or VS 2010? Have a look at
SourceOffSite 5 - http://www.sourcegear.com/sos