Sharing Projects - Is this right?

Dave Young

Feb 18, 2010, 12:30:40 PM2/18/10

Trying to get some feedback to see if this is expected behavour or if I need
to fix something.

I have several projects in vss, all of which are part of a Visual Studio
Solution. I share the projects out to another project, then create new
working folders for the new projects, create a new solution, add the new
projects to that solution. Everything looks great. Except. When I view
the source control binding in Visual Studio, some of the projects show to be
mapped to the original vss projects while others show to be mapped to the
newly created vss projects.

Where should the bindings point? The new projects in vss or the original
projects? Does it matter?

Jeff Clausius

Feb 19, 2010, 2:34:51 PM2/19/10
Dave:

After you've setup the new solution, how did you get them to disk?

Did you do an Open From Source Control? Or did you use the projects you
already had on disk? In any case, unset all working folders from within
VSS Explorer, and then try an "Open From Source Control" using different
(empty) working folder assignments, and see if that solves the problem.

If it does, for subsequent sessions of Visual Studio use the files found
in those NEW working folder locations.

Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Loking for a new way to "VSS?" The "Ribbon" awaits. -
http://www.sourcegear.com/sos

Catherine Sea

Mar 26, 2010, 6:29:36 PM3/26/10
Hi Dave,

IF the projects are in share status, it would be fine, since the
changes in one project reflect in other projects. However, if in
future you would like to branch them, you need to make sure the
projects are bound correctly.

Thanks,

Catherine Sea
http://www.dynamsoft.com