VSS and timezone strangeness

Matthew Houseman

Feb 18, 2003, 2:44:07 PM2/18/03
If file foo.c is checked in by a developer in EST and a label is made
almost immediately after the checkin by configuration management in
PST, we've noticed that the changes to foo.c aren't being picked up.
Is this pilot error on our part or have other folks noticed any
timezone strangeness similar to our experience? TIA...

Matt Houseman

Vojtech Jakes

Feb 19, 2003, 9:30:15 AM2/19/03
Matt,

I've seen the same thing happen. It's probably some issue with VSS.

Cheers
Vojtech

Patrick McCormick

Feb 19, 2003, 11:09:02 AM2/19/03
Matt,
One has to be careful using SourceSafe over different time zones. The Time
Stamp on the files being checked in are marked according to the client's
configuration clock. One way around this problem is to sync all computers
interacting with sourcesafe acroos time zones to a common time. Another way
is to use a third party add -on SourceOFFSite www.sourcegear.com.

Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com

Patrick McCormick
Developer Support Engineer, VC#