How to cancel a lock done by somebody else ?

1 view

Gilbert Tordeur

Oct 29, 2008, 1:23:50 PM10/29/08
Hello.

A colleague of me has extracted (and locked) some files in VSS (via VS
2005). He is away for a month and i need to ecces them.

How can I unlock these files ?

Thank you,
Gilbert

Mark Tolonen

Oct 30, 2008, 2:48:55 AM10/30/08

"Gilbert Tordeur" <gilbert...@orange.fr> wrote in message

Log in as "admin" and undo checkout on the files.

-Mark

Gilbert Tordeur

Oct 30, 2008, 3:43:14 AM10/30/08
Thanks Mark but how ? I explain :

I run VSS admin (ssadmin.exe), version 8.
It automatically opens my vss base and displays the user list. Admin is
selected and connected.
Now what menu ? Tools ? The first three submenus (about rights) are
disabled. Why ?
Furthermore I see on the right part of the status bar the following text :
"Project rights : desactivated" (translated from French).

Any idea ?

Regards,
Gilbert

"Mark Tolonen" <M8R-y...@mailinator.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
PdOdnbTKieFMxZTU...@comcast.com...

Jeff Clausius

Nov 4, 2008, 9:10:58 AM11/4/08
Gilbert:

I answered this in the "How to unlock files locked by somebody else ?"
in microsoft.public.visual.sourcesafe.

You need to log in using the VSS Explorer as the Admin User, navigate to
the files in question, highlight them and invoke the "Undo Checkout"
command.

Jeff Clausius
SourceGear