build output missing in output window

DerPudel...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2007, 6:36:52 AM9/16/07

I've been tinkering around with this problem now for a while..

When building any C++ solution with my VS2005 Team Suite SP1 I get no
output of the compilation process at my output window,

only "Build started" and then something like:
"========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
=========="

but no error messages, the error doesn't appear in the error list as
well.
In buildlog.htm there are the errors listed - but somehow they aren't
promoted back to the ide..

I checked all project specific settings (but it happens in all
projects),
and played with the general settings of VS.

Until now I can not find any solution for this probleme which is quite
annoying,
has anyone an idea?

Thanks for your help,
Marc Appelsmeier

Stevanich

Sep 24, 2007, 12:35:07 AM9/24/07
Marc,

Try going to Tools >> Options >> Projects and Solutions >> Build and Run.
Make sure the 'MSBuild project build output verbosity' option is not set to
'Quiet'.

Also, go to Tools >> Options >> Projects and Solutions >> 'VC++ Project
Settings', and check the setting for 'Build Logging'.

Hope this helps,

Steve - dotneticated.com

<DerPudel...@googlemail.com> wrote in message