Fix for VS2008 freeze during post build?

Marcel Müller

Apr 7, 2011, 3:33:50 AM4/7/11

is the a fix or work around for VS 2008 to avoid the message queue and
GUI freeze during any post build action?

I already tried to start an independent process with
start /belownormal
but the visual studio GUI still freezes completely until the work is
done. It seems that there are only a few messages are handled when at
least one sub process terminates and the next one starts.
This is really annoying.

I could live with an asynchronous post build since I use it primarily
for Sandcastle. But I did not succeed either.
I wonder how VS locks with a process started by the shell command "start".

Marcel