Modified executable not included in installer

Yash Ganthe

Feb 1, 2011, 11:06:52 PM2/1/11

In our .NET 3.0 windows service, we would like to set the reserved
Thread Stack size to 256KB instead of the default 1MB.
The solution is to run the EDITBIN utility on the exe as described at:
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/pavely/archive/2009/09/16/a-thread-s-stack.aspx

In the VS2008 solution, we have a project for the service and one for
the installer of the service. We have included a call to the EDITBIN
util in the post-build events of the service. The compiled service exe
gets created with the correct setting for the EXE as we can see it
using the DUMPBIN util.
However, when the exe gets packaged into the MSI and the MSI gets
installed, we find the installed exe always has the default setting
for the Stack Size which is 1MB.

What do I need to do so that the built exe gets into the MSI?

Thanks,
Yash