Macros language

Erik Cruz

May 11, 2003, 5:54:53 PM5/11/03
Hi.

What is the default language used by vs.net to create macros? For example,
if I have a vb.net project open and create a macro, will it be saved in
vb.net language or C# or another language? Is it possible to define a
default language for macros?

TIA,
Erik Cruz

Kemp Brown [MSFT]

Aug 29, 2003, 3:32:24 PM8/29/03
Hello Erik,

Macros in VS .NET are based on the VSMacros language, a derivative of VSA.
(It's more or less like VB .NET.)

Currently, that is the only language in which you can write macros in VS
NET.

Regards,

- Kemp Brown [MSFT]
Visual Studio Core Team

===============

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías, y no otorga ningún
derecho.

Dennis Redfield

Sep 10, 2003, 3:16:48 PM9/10/03
Are you guys TRYING to drive the developer community nuts? After pouring a
ton of effort into learning and using C# and CLR and the VS GUI, we bottom
out with a macro language limited to a VBA deriviative (and poorly
documented to boot)! How many langagues must one know just to operate in
the VS.Net environment?

"Kemp Brown [MSFT]" <kem...@online.hotmail.com> wrote in message