Creating a Folder Structure in a new PST file like that of another

William Benson

Dec 13, 2011, 1:48:54 AM12/13/11
I would like to do the following, as an alternative to Outlook's Archive features, which my company has turned off.

Given: A Server Exchange User folder containing Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk eMail.

Desired:
Initialize a new PST folder. This can be a manual step but if the Addin can do it, so much the better.

Then:
(1) Select a source folder (PST file or EMAIL Account).

(2) Replicate the structure from that folder to the just-created PST Folder.

(3) Synchronize structure on demand (Source Folder rules). No non-empty folders in target may be removed, but any required additional folders and subfolders will be built, even if they are essentially dupes (it is for the user to iron those instances out manually).

(4) MOVE (permanently) any mailitems into the new respective mirror location inside the target PST file.

May I get help with the VBA required to accomplish these. I can create folders, I can identify stores, I am a little familiar with Redemption. But since this is such a specific task I thought someone might have some code they can share which does this already.

Thank you.