Show Shape Data 'Inputs' and 'Outputs' associated with a Process Shape

RogerC

Jun 24, 2015, 2:21:58 PM6/24/15
I created a diagram using the Process Improvement template found on Office.com. The swimlanes in this template contain rectangular Process shapes that have Inputs and Outputs listed as data elements in their Shape Data properties window.

While all of these Process shapes do have text entries in the Inputs and Outputs rows of their Shape Data properties, only some of them are actually showing these Inputs and Outputs as rectangles directly underneath the Process Shape.

Just as the creator of this template did, I need to be able to turn the display of the Inputs and Outputs boxes on or off, depending on my need to display them for the particular process.

Can anyone tell me what causes the Inputs and Outputs to be displayed along with the Process shape?