Combining Visio files

Judy

Nov 7, 2003, 2:26:32 PM11/7/03
How can we combine two separate Visio files into one
without losing formatting.

Randall Arnold

Nov 7, 2003, 2:26:28 PM11/7/03
Not to sound facetious, but-- copy and paste?

Randall Arnold

"Judy" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Lori Pearce (MSFT)

Nov 7, 2003, 3:38:11 PM11/7/03
There is no seamless, easy, reliable way to do this. This is a reasonably
frequent request that's been sent to the dev team by me personally many
times. I remain hopeful.

In the meantime, Randall is correct. Try de-select All, Edit>Copy Drawing,
Edit>Paste onto new page in new document. Don't forget your background
pages.

Sorry this is such a pain. I wish I had a better answer.

--
Lori Pearce
Longhorn SDK

Ed

Dec 12, 2003, 11:56:20 AM12/12/03
Hi Lori,

You can send the request to the development team one more time for me! If it worked similarly to the PowerPoint 2000 slide sorter, let me view thumbnails of a bunch of pages in side-by-side windows, and then let me drag pages from hither to yon, it would be just about perfect.

I'm in the midst 64 page (and growing) design document with two of us banging in pages at a ferocious clip. It's already hard enough to coordinate without the tedium of cut and paste merging.

Thanks,

Ed

Lori Pearce (MSFT)

Dec 12, 2003, 2:07:37 PM12/12/03
I'll send it off one more time (I like the angle of saying that PowerPoint
does it so why not Visio).

--
Lori Pearce
Longhorn SDK

"Ed" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Mark Nelson [MS]

Dec 15, 2003, 9:35:03 PM12/15/03
Yes, this is a popular request - right behind the ability to replace shapes
in a diagram. We're looking at the feasibility of such a feature.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Lori Pearce (MSFT)" <lori.pe...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Stephen Tihor

Mar 29, 2022, 8:55:00 AM3/29/22
On Monday, December 15, 2003 at 9:35:03 PM UTC-5, Mark Nelson [MS] wrote:
> Yes, this is a popular request - right behind the ability to replace shapes
> in a diagram. We're looking at the feasibility of such a feature.
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

Well that was.... what 19 yers ago.... must be really really hard to do those two pretty obvious things.