Newbie problems...

YC

Oct 7, 2015, 12:10:01 PM10/7/15
I am an utter newbie at this, both proteomics and pathway analysis. I have visio, i have a list of proteins with sp as identifiers so I am assuming a Uniprot-trEmbl identifier, but I cannot get the former to make a pathway out of the latter. I uploaded it as a txt file, tab delineated, then hit all the right buttons as far as I can tell, it gave me a list at the end of things it could and couldnt identify then when I hit 'finish' all I get is a pgex file in a folder and a big blank screen. Where am I going wrong?

Paul Herber

Oct 8, 2015, 4:51:35 AM10/8/15
On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:10:00 -0700 (PDT), YC <yvonne...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am an utter newbie at this, both proteomics and pathway analysis. I have visio, i have a list of proteins with sp as identifiers so I am assuming a Uniprot-trEmbl identifier, but I cannot get the former to make a pathway out of the latter. I uploaded it as a txt file, tab delineated, then hit all the right buttons as far as I can tell, it gave me a list at the end of things it could and couldnt identify then when I hit 'finish' all I get is a pgex file in a folder and a big blank screen. Where am I going wrong?

These newsgroups are no longer in use and it is unlikely that you will get any
other answer here.
There are replacement forums for Visio, Microsoft's own:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visiogeneral/threads
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/visio?page=1&tab=all

or Visio MVP VisioGuy
http://www.visguy.com/vgforum/