Strange Org Chart behavior

Ken Whittington

Oct 9, 2006, 5:09:01 PM10/9/06
While building org charts in visio 2003 with the Orgc11 Org Chart Add-on, you
can choose how to arrange subordinates. But, it only seems to last for the
current parent you are dropping shapes on. If you subsequently move to a
child to begin dropping shapes on it, something in Visio "forgets" your prior
arrangement choice and reverts to another subordinate arrangement.

This came up because I am building a highly customized solution for a client
who always wants to use a particular subordinate arrangement, but the choice
does not seems to "stick".

Does anyone know of a way to make a chosen subordinate arrangement persist
for a given org chart?

Thanks,

--
Ken Whittington

John Marshall, MVP

Oct 9, 2006, 5:31:31 PM10/9/06
Unfortuneately, that is how it works.

John... Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm

"Ken Whittington" <KenWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AC099810-712E-41BD...@microsoft.com...

Ken Whittington

Oct 9, 2006, 6:31:02 PM10/9/06
Thanks; I'm continuing then to look for a workaround.
--
Ken Whittington

John Marshall, MVP

Oct 9, 2006, 9:38:56 PM10/9/06
Are you doing this by code?

John... Visio MVP

"Ken Whittington" <KenWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

message news:71F8D58C-D862-4376...@microsoft.com...

Ken Whittington

Oct 10, 2006, 9:56:01 AM10/10/06
Yes - It is all being done in C#. I wish I could get to the command interface
of Orgc11 (where I think this is being done, since the add-on displays the
arrangement dialog upon being called with the "Layoutdlg" command) and set
the correct value for the arrangement property I want.

dileo.g...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2015, 12:01:46 PM7/13/15
Hi Ken,
I know that this topic is old but I'd like to know how did you solve the problem because the same one.
Thank you,
Giuseppe di Leo