Merging rack diagram template with Bruce Pullig's Sun templates

Peter L. Thomas

Feb 19, 2009, 10:20:02 AM2/19/09
Bruce Pullig has done the community a wonderful service by creating a stencil
of Sun rack-mountable hardware [see also
http://www.visiocafe.com/brucepullig.htm ]. Unfortunately, they are not
based on the "connectable" rack-mount stencils that come with Visio, so it's
not possible to just "drag and drop" them into a rack object as you can with
the other rack-mount elements.

Is there any way to "merge" his stencils with the "off-the-rack"
rack-mountable server stencils? I started trying to do this by pasting the
images and icons on top of a copy of the original stencil, but I must have
done something that broke the linkage to the underlying code or macros.

Any suggestions?

Warmly,

--Pete

Peter L. Thomas, System Architect