Printing a single tile

Gerald P. Roston

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
I have created a large Viso drawing. My rpinter uses 8 1/2" x 11" paper,
thus the drawing is tiled over multiple sheets. The useful content that
I want to examine is contained primarily on one tile. Is it possible to
select and print a single tile? If so, how is this done?

Thank you!

Graham Wideman, MVP

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00

Gerald:

I've wondered this too, but haven't found a way to do it. You could use
such ugly workarounds as selecting the part you want and copy it to a
document with 8 1/2 x 11 pages....

Graham

--
-----------------------------------
Graham Wideman

gra...@wideman-one.com.nospam
(Remove the obvious to email me)
-----------------------------------

Adolf Pleyer

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Gerald,

what about defining the page of your drawing to the desired size (8.5x11),
which is of course much smaler than your drawing. Position the drawing such
the relevant part is on the page (select all with Ctrl-A and move it). Set
the printing page size to the same size, scaling 100% and print it.

HTH

Adolf

Graham Wideman, MVP <gra...@wideman-one.com.nospam> wrote in message

acia...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2013, 4:55:36 PM3/7/13
Adolf's reply worked for me.

It's the closest thing to printing a single tile.

The only other way I've found is to zoom into the area you want, go to File->Print->Print Preview and print the 'Current View'. The problem with that solution is that the 'zoom' will be different every time you print, so when you try to string tiles together after printing, the pages will not line up very well.

With Adolf's solution, you can avoid this, so long as you carefully align your workflow to the page. It might help to put a mark on each tile temporarily, to show the boundaries.