Corrupted VHD

Stefano Dell'Orto

Mar 21, 2005, 3:37:46 PM3/21/05
Hi all,

I was doing some test on Virtual Server with VHD files. I attached a second
SATA disk to my XP SP2 box. On this dynamic NTFS disk I created a 128 GB
fixed size VHD which I attached as a second SCSI disk in an already
configured Windows 2003 virtual machine.
I copied some data in this VHD when suddenly the 200GB SATA disk crashed
with many bad clusters. Using a recovery tool I was able to recover first 50
GB of my 128GB VHD. I'm sure that these first 50GB aren't corrupted.

Now I'm not able to attach the corrupted and partial VHD to virtual server
because VS doesn't detect it as a valid virtual disk.
Without this step I'm not able to start my virtual machine and try to run
the recovery tool inside the guest os.

What would be the right procedure to proceed in a recovery like this? Is
there any way to force VS to attach this VHD?
In a real world scenario this would be a requirement but I can't find any
recovery tool for VHD files.

Best regards,
Stefano Dell'Orto

Stefano Dell'Orto

Apr 21, 2005, 5:25:32 AM4/21/05
I'm still on this topic.
Nothing to suggest?

Thank you,
Stefano

"Stefano Dell'Orto" <stefano....@email.it> ha scritto nel messaggio

arthurj...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 1:30:08 AM4/5/14
If there is any query in your mind that how to get back data from corrupt, damaged or inaccessible Virtual partition then, don't get tensed! Install VHD recovery software that enables to handle all issues of VHD and recover VHD data with its exact meta properties. It has easy-to-use scanning modes that are really helpful for deeply scan and repair VHD file. It also permits to retrieve deleted or formatted partition stuff. Get this superb tool and make VHD data recovery at affordable price. Then let's get down to recovering the data: http://www.vhd.recoverydeletedfiles.com/

kayer.je...@gmail.com

May 15, 2014, 2:01:54 AM5/15/14
VHD Recovery is an advanced and highly efficient VHD repair tool that offers paramount efficiency in repairing the corrupt, damaged and inaccessible VHD files. This software repairs VHD files created using Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Hyper-V swiftly without further delay or error. Besides, the tool is empowered with multiple working modes to retrieve data that has been lost due to severe damage to the VHD files.

Read More : http://www.filesrecoverytools.com/vhd-data-recovery.html

damianh...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2016, 6:26:12 AM1/5/16
VHD Data Recovery tool has the capability to recovers lost data like images, documents, spreadsheets, pictures, audios and videos from the damaged virtual drive, Use this tool to successfully resolves all corruption issues of the virtual hard drives. Get more detail visit http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/vhd-data-recovery-tool.html