Hyper-V server 2008 NIC

Raj

Jun 3, 2009, 7:27:02 AM6/3/09
Hi, I am getting "no active netwok adapters found" error after installing the
Hyper-v Server 2008 in the startup configuration window. How I can install my
NIC without the user interface?

Salutes,

Raj

Aragon

Jun 3, 2009, 3:41:30 PM6/3/09

Do you have an active Network connection in the server?

--
Aragon
Aragon's Profile: http://www.packagedeploy.com/forum/member.php?userid=1

ZX900

Jun 4, 2009, 3:06:01 PM6/4/09
I am actually having the exact same issue. I am currently running a Dell
T610 with 4 network ports but none of them are available in the system. When
trying to add the network I receive "no active network adapters found".

This happens as soon as the server is booted or when I select option 3 in
the "Hyper-V Configuration". I am fairly certain the issue is that the
network adapter drivers are not included in this version of Windows. I am
wondering how you add drivers to Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 without an interface
since I can't connect to it remotely.

I have searched on the internet for hours and found a few posts but nothing
that will help with this scenario. I have also gone through all of the
published documentation.

msnews.microsoft.com

Jun 19, 2009, 6:54:28 AM6/19/09
I had the same problem with a RTL8169S (Netgear GA311).

I used the cdrom from Netgear and from the command prompt ran setup.exe
for the device. Installed without a problem.

However ... my GA-E58X-UD4 onboard NIC still cannot be found as I cannot
load the motherboard chipset drivers. Their setups are looking for
oledlg.dll which is not found.

Anyone have an answer to this?

regards, andrew

nonono

Jun 22, 2009, 5:21:40 AM6/22/09
Hyper-V 2008 R2 RC fixed the problem.

regards, andrew

sudh...@ixion.co.za

May 22, 2013, 12:47:57 PM5/22/13
Downloaded Broadcom drivers from Dell site for server - Windows 2008 R2. Copied over and ran setup. This worked. However cannot install chipset and video driver yet.