VHD crashed - need to recover files ASAP

NC Soft

Oct 8, 2005, 3:06:27 PM10/8/05
Recently I shut down a win2003 virtual machine then booted the host pc.
When I tried to boot up the VM again, it wasnt displayed on Virtual PC so i
tried to create a new one and add the existing vhd, but it disappeared. I
mean, no physical vhd file on disk!!!
Tried then to recover the vhd file but the hdd recovery program shows me the
contents of vhd (files, folders, etc) but unable to recover them. I had not
write anything to that partition after the disaster.
Can someone help? There were VERY IMPORTANT files there

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

Oct 8, 2005, 3:16:06 PM10/8/05

If the .VHD file is no longer on your host, you will need to try standard
file recovery programs. Unfortunately, that's very far beyond the scope of
this newsgroup. I'd suggest Googling "File Recovery" along with the
partition's file system (i.e. "NTFS File Recovery" or "FAT File Recovery")

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - IIS, Virtual PC]
http://www.visualwin.com - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

"NC Soft" <sup...@nc-soft.net> wrote in message

Gary Mount

Oct 9, 2005, 6:52:32 AM10/9/05
I purposely deleted a vhd file and the next time I booted up the VM that the
vhd was associated with, I didn't lose any data...
Why? Because, since I was using win2003, I set up a raid 5. I also mirrored
the partition that the os was running on.
I also had the 3 vhd files each on their own real physical drive so that if
a real hard drive failed, I could still easily recover by replacing the
failed harddrive with a new working one.

dagda...@hotmail.com

Oct 10, 2005, 2:15:13 PM10/10/05

If you really need to restore lost partition Active@ Partition Recovery
tool is the choice. It helped me and I suppose you will find it reather
useful. Try it.
http://www.partition-recovery.com/

Bahaa Hussein

Aug 24, 2008, 3:26:37 PM8/24/08

Did you find a way to recover your vhd files? I have the same problem and appreciate any advice.

Bo Berglund

Aug 24, 2008, 6:40:28 PM8/24/08
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:26:37 GMT, "Bahaa
Hussein"<hussei...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Recently I shut down a win2003 virtual machine then booted the host pc.
>> When I tried to boot up the VM again, it wasnt displayed on Virtual PC so i
>> tried to create a new one and add the existing vhd, but it disappeared. I
>> mean, no physical vhd file on disk!!!
>> Tried then to recover the vhd file but the hdd recovery program shows me the
>> contents of vhd (files, folders, etc) but unable to recover them. I had not
>> write anything to that partition after the disaster.
>> Can someone help? There were VERY IMPORTANT files there
>>

>Did you find a way to recover your vhd files? I have the same problem and appreciate any advice.

If you just want to get hold of files in the VHD disk file, not
necessarily starting up the virtual machine from it, then you might
try opening the VHD in WinImage (shareware). If it succeeds in opening
the virtual disk then you should be able to copy the important file
out from it to your host system.

But if you are talking about a lost VHD file on the *host* disk then
you are out of luck.

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)

arthurj...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 1:13:36 AM4/5/14
If there is any query in your mind that how to get back data from corrupt, damaged or inaccessible Virtual partition then, don't get tensed! Install VHD recovery software that enables to handle all issues of VHD and recover VHD data with its exact meta properties. It has easy-to-use scanning modes that are really helpful for deeply scan and repair VHD file. It also permits to retrieve deleted or formatted partition stuff. Get this superb tool and make VHD data recovery at affordable price. Then let's get down to recovering the data: http://www.vhd.recoverydeletedfiles.com/

datat...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2015, 9:25:54 AM10/30/15
If in future, you face any problems related to your Virtual Machines. Then you can take help from these 2 tools.

1. To recover your deleted Virtual Machines or lost Virtual Machines. Use this www.bitrecover.com/data-recovery-software/

2. To recover data from a corrupt or broken Virtual Machine or if a VM fails to start then use this recovery tool http://www.bitrecover.com/virtual-drive-recovery-software/

damianh...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2016, 6:27:52 AM1/5/16
VHD Data Recovery software is best way for recover VHD data. This software quick scan and repairs VHD files Read information and download click here http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/vhd-data-recovery-tool.html