Re: can not read bkf file bigger 4gb of any other file bigger than 4gb

Paul Adare

Mar 6, 2008, 3:04:50 AM3/6/08
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:43:01 -0800, B van der Woude wrote:

> When i copy my backup file that is above4gb to my virtual harddisk and i want
> to read the backup file with NTbackup then NTBackup reports that it is not a
> valid file, so i can not restore anything from this file, my harddisk is not
> running out of diskspace.
> If i use a BKF file below 4gb then it is not a problem.
> Also if i use the bkf file trough a shared folder of virtual addition then
> this error also occurs.
>
> Is this a limitation?
>
> Thanks in advance,

What file system are you using on the VHD?

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Virtual Machines

B van der Woude

Mar 6, 2008, 3:31:02 AM3/6/08
I use NTFS as filesystem

mxia...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2008, 7:04:44 AM3/7/08
On 3月6日, 下午4时04分, Paul Adare <pkad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 23:43:01 -0800, B van der Woude wrote:
>
> > When i copy my backup file that is above4gb to my virtual harddisk and i want
> > to read the backup file with NTbackup then NTBackup reports that it is not a
> > valid file, so i can not restore anything from this file, my harddisk is not
> > running out of diskspace.
> > If i use aBKFfile below 4gb then it is not a problem.
> > Also if i use thebkffile trough a shared folder of virtual addition then

> > this error also occurs.
>
> > Is this a limitation?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> What file system are you using on the VHD?
>
> --
> Paul Adare
> MVP - Virtual Machineshttp://www.identit.ca

> This login session: $13.76, but for you: $11.88.

Hi,

Maybe you can try a popular BKF file recovery tool called Advanced BKF
Repair to repair your BKF file. It is a powerful tool to repair
corrupt or damaged BKF files.

Detailed information about Advanced BKF Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/abr/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/abr/abr.exe
Wish you good luck!

Alan

B van der Woude

Mar 26, 2008, 6:43:00 AM3/26/08
It seems like it is whit every file above 4gb that cannot be opent.
Winzip10 supports openingfiles above but also when i try to open a zip above
4gb in virtual pc winzip says that its not a valid winzip file.
When i create an bkf file below 4gb NTbackup can read the file

Also in another virtualpc environment it is the same problem.

Colin Barnhorst

Mar 26, 2008, 7:48:24 AM3/26/08
I know you said you are using NTFS, but is that the host? Are you sure
you're not using FAT32 in the guests?

"B van der Woude" <Bvande...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

B van der Woude

Mar 26, 2008, 12:02:09 PM3/26/08
Yes i am sure.
I tried opening the zip file on my local pc and it does open.
I tried opening it trough the virtual additions share in virtual pc so the
file is still on my local pc and it gives an error that the zip file is not
valid.
Then i tried to copy the file to my virtual harddisk wich is NTFS and then
tried to open. It still says that the zipp is corrupt.
Also in another virual machine on a other pc it is the same problem.

alanlisa chen

Nov 5, 2011, 1:06:30 AM11/5/11
It is probable that your bkf file has corrupted.Here are some BKF file recovery tools you may need to repair your BKF file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/abr/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Alan