How do I increase the maximum size of a virtual disk?

nob...@nonospam.org

Jan 9, 2012, 8:09:39 PM1/9/12
When I created my virtual disk drive under Virtual PC 2007, I specified
a maximum size of 16,384 MB. That is no longer large enough. When I try
to run a certain program update, I run out of disk space.

The Virtual PC Wizard only gives me the options to convert it to a
fixed-size virtual hard disk or compact it (which I have just done). I
want to keep it as a dynamically expanding virtual hard disk, but with a
larger maximum size. How can I do that? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

VanguardLH

Jan 9, 2012, 10:22:13 PM1/9/12
nob...@nonospam.org wrote:

> When I created my virtual disk drive under Virtual PC 2007, I specified
> a maximum size of 16,384 MB. That is no longer large enough. When I try
> to run a certain program update, I run out of disk space.
>
> The Virtual PC Wizard only gives me the options to convert it to a
> fixed-size virtual hard disk or compact it (which I have just done). I
> want to keep it as a dynamically expanding virtual hard disk, but with a
> larger maximum size. How can I do that? Thanks!
>
> John

http://www.ehow.com/how_7209203_increase-disk-size-virtual-pc.html

Seems an unreliable solution, though, so make sure you save a copy of
your old .vhd file.