INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER

George

Jan 10, 2002, 4:51:20 AM1/10/02
All,
I am trying to use the SetFilePointer API. The problem is that on
compilation it complains that INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER is undefined. I've
obviously done a search and can't find it anywhere in the headers (docs say
its in winbase.h). Does anybody know?

cheers
George

Kevin Goodsell

Jan 11, 2002, 12:16:56 AM1/11/02

I can't find that constant either. Maybe you could call the function
in a way that is sure to give this return value, find what it's value
is, and #define it yourself.

Alternatively, you might try installing the newest service pack -
perhaps the problem's been fixed. I couldn't find any mention of it on
the MS web site, though.

-Kevin

Nathan Moinvaziri

Jan 16, 2002, 2:13:17 PM1/16/02
#define INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE ((HANDLE)(LONG_PTR)-1)

#define INVALID_FILE_SIZE ((DWORD)0xFFFFFFFF)

#define INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER ((DWORD)-1)

#define INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES ((DWORD)-1)

I suggest you download the latest Platform SDK.

Nathan

"George" <wayne.br...@baesystems.com> wrote in message