LIB.exe

AG

Mar 17, 2010, 3:33:00 AM3/17/10
Hi there,

When I do a lib.exe /list msvcrt.lib, I got a list of object files,
but also several identical lines with msvcrt.dll
What does that exactly means ? Does that mean that msvcr90.dll is part
of the msvcrt.lib ? If so, and if I decide to statically link my
executable with msvcrt.lib, how does it handle the dynamic library
msvcr90.dll mentioned to be part of the .lib ? Does it means that even
if I link statically my program with msvcrt.lib, I will have to
provide msvcr90.dll ?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre.

Jonathan Wilson

Mar 17, 2010, 7:35:19 AM3/17/10
msvcrt.lib contains the obj files plus a number of the references to
msvcr90.dll. Each reference to msvcr90.dll is one entry in the import
library and references one function exported from msvcr90.dll

If you link with msvcrt.lib, you need to ship msvcr90.dll.
If you link with libcmt.lib, you will get a static link and will not need
to ship msvcr90.dll.

AG

Mar 17, 2010, 9:52:06 AM3/17/10
On Mar 17, 12:35 pm, Jonathan Wilson <jfwf...@tpgi.com.au> wrote:

> If you link with msvcrt.lib, you need to ship msvcr90.dll.
> If you link with libcmt.lib, you will get a static link and will not need
> to ship msvcr90.dll.

Hi Jonathan,

Indeed ! I should have found it by myself:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh(VS.80).aspx
thanks anyway.

AG.