Re: Why can't I access Windows Installer Service on my XP Professional

Cholo Lennon

Mar 27, 2008, 6:01:14 PM3/27/08
eugenia wrote:
> This is a repeat request since the problem hasn't yet been resolved
> and I asked in January '08. Please help if you can.
> First I downloaded Adobe Reader 8 and when trying to open it was told
> that the Windows Installer Service could NOT be accessed, that this
> could occur if I were running in SAFE MODE (which I am not)...or, if
> the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. I went to my
> "search" for Windows Installer and no file was found. I also went
> into my C drive to Windows to look for this installer, but could not
> find it. WHERE CAN I FIND WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE for my Windows XP
> Professional SP2 ? I can't use Adode Reader for PDF files without it.
> Appreciate all the help I can get folks. Thank you in advance Eugenia

Take a look to:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B324516&x=15&y=12

You can download Windows Installer from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5FBC5470-B259-4733-A914
-A956122E08E8&displaylang=en

Regards

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.

MarkD

Jul 19, 2008, 1:55:01 PM7/19/08
iSCSI initiator auto config than reboot adobe in xp will install. Also try
Flex Adobe gives you more tools.

"eugenia" wrote:

> This is a repeat request since the problem hasn't yet been resolved and I
> asked in January '08. Please help if you can.
> First I downloaded Adobe Reader 8 and when trying to open it was told that
> the Windows Installer Service could NOT be accessed, that this could occur if
> I were running in SAFE MODE (which I am not)...or, if the Windows Installer
> is not correctly installed. I went to my "search" for Windows Installer and
> no file was found. I also went into my C drive to Windows to look for this
> installer, but could not find it. WHERE CAN I FIND WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE
> for my Windows XP Professional SP2 ? I can't use Adode Reader for PDF files
> without it. Appreciate all the help I can get folks. Thank you in advance
> Eugenia

> --
> I recommend that you pay less attention to the messenger and more attention
> to the message; we''''re all God''''s children.

T. Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com Adam T. Anthony

Feb 26, 2009, 11:14:02 AM2/26/09
I had the same problem... to a start->run and type "msiexec.exe /regserver"
No need to reboot.
Try the adobe installer again.
Worked for me.
-Adam T. Anthony