How to add a combo box to toolbar?

Johnny Yamazaki

Aug 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/14/97

I am a biginner for VC++.
I want to add a cimbo box to toolbar that may look like font selecting in
Word Processor application.
VC++5.0 Resource Editor does not allow this.

Somebody help me, please.

Thanks,

Johnny

Dave Millard

Aug 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/15/97

Johnny Yamazaki <joh...@ccgate.sj.nec.com> wrote in article
<#s016YQq...@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net>...

> I am a biginner for VC++.
> I want to add a cimbo box to toolbar that may look like font selecting in
> Word Processor application.
> VC++5.0 Resource Editor does not allow this.

I think that the thing you need is the CDialogBar class. This allows you to
use a dialog template to define a toolbar. I hope this helps.

DEM.

Andrew Slivker

Aug 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/15/97

Take a look at <www.intergate.net/~saga>. We developed a neat CFlatToolBar
class that gives your toolbars Office'97 look. You will also find there how
to add controls (combobox in particular) to a toolbar.
Source code and sample program are available.

Andrew Slivker
sa...@intergate.net
www.intergate.net/~saga

Johnny Yamazaki wrote in article
<#s016YQq...@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net>...

>I am a biginner for VC++.
>I want to add a cimbo box to toolbar that may look like font selecting in
>Word Processor application.
>VC++5.0 Resource Editor does not allow this.

steve mcadams

Aug 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/17/97

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:08:23 -0700, "Johnny Yamazaki"
<joh...@ccgate.sj.nec.com> wrote:

>I want to add a cimbo box to toolbar that may look like font selecting in
>Word Processor application.

Check out the CTRLBARS sample to see how to simply add a combo-box.
Basically you add a dummy item, update its size to be what you need
for the combo, then create the combo on top of it. Kind of a pain but
then CToolBar really wasn't designed for more than buttons.

Beware that the toolbar won't worry about what happens to your combo
when the toolbar is reoriented or resized. If the toolbar is fixed at
the top this shouldn't matter. If you need a toolbar that truely
deals with the issue, see the sig line below. -steve
McAdams Research - http://www.CodeTools.com/showcase
MFC Toolkit: flat-style toolbar, resizable docking windows, more

Dirk Clemens

Aug 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/19/97

You can get these sources FOR FREE at Microsoft Systems Journal
www.microsoft.com/msj/ in the august 97 issue