Moving a CView from one CFrameWnd to another

Paavo Helde

Jun 29, 2009, 1:48:53 PM6/29/09

What I'm stuck is when I want to move the view from one frame window to
another. I can remove the view from the old frame (which is using
CTabView), but having troubles with inserting it into an almost bare-bones
CFrameWnd. It seems that changing the view parent by CWnd::SetParent() is
not enough, the new frame is remaining blank. Is there something obvious
I'm missing?

TIA
Paavo

Paavo Helde

Jun 30, 2009, 2:26:38 PM6/30/09
Paavo Helde <pa...@nospam.please.ee> kirjutas:

Problem solved, it appears I needed to call also ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) and
EnableWindow() on the moved view. Not exactly sure why this is needed, the
view was not hidden or disabled meanwhile AFAICS.

Paavo