GdiplusTypes.h can't find 'min' and 'max'

Nick Meyer

Apr 18, 2008, 10:56:03 AM4/18/08
Hi,

I'm trying to compile a solution on Visual Studio 2005 under Windows XP.
The solution builds fine in Debug configuration, however, when I try to build
it in release, I get 80 errors about GdiplusTypes.h being unable to find
'min' and 'max.'

Error 6 error C3861: 'min': identifier not found c:\program files\microsoft
visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\GdiplusTypes.h 459
Error 7 error C3861: 'max': identifier not found c:\program files\microsoft
visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\GdiplusTypes.h 460

I've searched my whole solution for anywhere we might have #undef'ed min and
max, as well as any cases of #define NOMINMAX before #include-ing <gdiplus.h>
and didn't find anything.

Certainly, I would expect that if VS couldn't find these identifiers in
Release configuration, it wouldn't be able to find them in Debug
configuration either.

Has anyone come across this or a similar problem before? Any other ideas as
to how I might be able to track this down?

Thanks,
Nick Meyer

David Lowndes

Apr 18, 2008, 3:12:28 PM4/18/08

Nick,

I'd turn the situation around and try to identify where the debug
build is picking up its definition from - once you know that it might
be easier to find why the release build isn't finding the same
definition.

Have a look at
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/04/10/8373617.aspx for
some tips.

Dave

marifho...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2016, 6:46:18 PM9/9/16
This is an old post but still commenting for those will be in trouble in the future.

I tried many solutions suggested in the net but how I solved mine is as follows:

in VSTD 2013, Go to Project Tab> Properties> Configuration Properties> C/C++> Preprocessor> Preprocessor Definitions> and remove NOMINMAX

That solved my problem.

srglo...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2017, 2:11:31 PM4/28/17
Diserves my UPVOTE!