Add/Display a (*.chm) help File in VC++ 6.0 MFC Application

Thisara

Oct 4, 2006, 11:34:01 AM10/4/06
I wish to display a help file (*.chm) in a VC++ 6.0 MFC Application .
I've created the CHM file using a software and I just want to display the
chm file when the Help button is clicked.

It's better if u can give a sample code.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

William DePalo [MVP VC++]

Oct 4, 2006, 11:42:22 AM10/4/06
"Thisara" <td...@ent.mrt.ac.lk.(dontspam).> wrote in message

>I wish to display a help file (*.chm) in a VC++ 6.0 MFC Application .
> I've created the CHM file using a software and I just want to display the
> chm file when the Help button is clicked.

Check the docs for ShellExecute() using the file name and the "open verb"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/Shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp

Regards,
Will

Alex Blekhman

Oct 4, 2006, 11:42:53 AM10/4/06
Thisara wrote:
> I wish to display a help file (*.chm) in a VC++ 6.0 MFC Application .
> I've created the CHM file using a software and I just want to display the
> chm file when the Help button is clicked.

ShellExecute(hWnd, _T("open"), _T("C:\\MyDir\\MyFile.chm"),
NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Igor Tandetnik

Oct 5, 2006, 5:59:58 PM10/5/06
Thisara <td...@ent.mrt.ac.lk.(dontspam).> wrote:
> I wish to display a help file (*.chm) in a VC++ 6.0 MFC Application
> . I've created the CHM file using a software and I just want to
> display the chm file when the Help button is clicked.

See CWinApp::HtmlHelp
--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. -- RFC 1925

kshr...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2016, 4:54:41 AM3/29/16
Thanks! It Works! :D