Borland C++ 3.1 app migration to a 64 bits C++ platform

josed...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2016, 2:40:27 PM10/22/16
We have a automated industrial machine whose control is based on a industrial computer running DOS 5.1 and the application was writen on Borland C++ 3.1.
Due to obsolete components on the machine side, we need to upgrade the entire control system but keep the same application, since the way it was designed worth it. In order to do so, I have explored the code and is quite easy to upgrade dlls to newer control components, however, we want to go a step further by upgrading application to 64bits so that we can use a standard windows computer (7,8,10) to run it.

Based on this info. What are the best way to proceed? Which newer C++ platform would worth the effort in terms of sucess chances, to try?

Regards,

David

Lynn McGuire

Nov 14, 2016, 5:20:12 PM11/14/16