InterlockedPopEntrySList on Windows 2000 ?

kamil

Jan 21, 2008, 9:57:22 AM1/21/08
How to use SList - API on Windows 2000 ?
Despite I defined all WINVER etc. variables to 0x0500, and there were no
errors during building my application can't be executed on Win2000 because
of missing SList functions. I found this bug after program was released and
now I have to correct this error as soon as possible. Documentation says
that it is available in WindowsXP and later but maybe there is some drop-in
replacement or source code for those functions ?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Alex Blekhman

Jan 21, 2008, 11:51:01 AM1/21/08

I'm afraid there is no any drop-in replacement. Interlocked singly
linked lists require kernel32.dll library. You cannot replace
kernel32.dll on Win2K machine with XP version of it.

Meanwhile you can make a wrapper for these functions in your code
and implement SList for Win2K by yourself, while forwarding calls
on WinXP and higher.

Alex