Creating a shim (another COM class) of native code that implements the interface whose security settings need to be modified

wbo...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 9:09:47 AM1/31/18

I was directed here from the last post in the thread:
http://www.yqcomputer.com/2_a9de7495bf16ac7c_1.htm

The problem is that I have a managed application that makes a call
to a com+ server. That application must have security context set to: None, instead of Connect. I have to do it in the process rather than in the system (in dcomcnfg).

The only one workaround I found was, that, which suggests making a shim
to the interface and passing a pointer to managed code ...

I have no idea what that means that's why I am here ...

The problem is also described here:

http://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx/ole32.coinitializesecurity

"The workaround is to write an unmanaged "shim" that will call CoInitializeSecurity, then activate and call into managed code. You can do this via an export from a mixed-mode C++ DLL, by registering a managed component for use by COM, or by using the CLR hosting API."