Interupting a automated request? HOW?

Kim Hawker

Apr 12, 2022, 9:39:46 AM4/12/22
This might be a tough one. I have these similar lines in my program
sPathUser = (App.Path & "\unins000.Exe")
ProcessID = Shell((sPathUser), 0)
Drive = "C:\Program Files (x86)\myprogram\needed_files\*.*"
Kill Drive
End
The reason I do the kill drive is because the user may of added their own files to this folder and to get the un-installer to remove all folders you have to remove the files that inno did not put there then you .can get a clean un-install. But if one changes their mind then I don’t want to remove these files
When it starts the unins00.exe it asks if your sure you want to do an Un-install? If you click yes everything is fine but If you click no because you have changed your mind I would like it to jump over the next lines. How can I interrupt this request
This might be a tough one. I have these similar lines in my program
sPathUser = (App.Path & "\unins000.Exe")
ProcessID = Shell((sPathUser), 0)
Drive = "C:\Program Files (x86)\myprogram\needed_files\*.*"
Kill Drive
End
The reason I do the kill drive is because the user may of added their own files to this folder and to get the un-installer to remove all folders you have to remove the files that inno did not put there then you .can get a clean un-install. But if one changes their mind then I don’t want to remove these files
When it starts the unins00.exe it asks if your sure you want to do an Un-install? If you click yes everything is fine but If you click no because you have changed your mind I would like it to jump over the next lines. How can I interrupt this request

ObiWan

Apr 12, 2022, 9:44:41 AM4/12/22
:: On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 06:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
:: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)
:: <adb50fe0-d457-4480...@googlegroups.com>
:: Kim Hawker <hawke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This might be a tough one. I have these similar lines in my program

Kim, which installer are you using to setup your program ?

ObiWan

Apr 12, 2022, 10:12:45 AM4/12/22
:: On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:44:39 +0200
:: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)
:: <20220412154...@mvps.org>
Just to be clear; I'm asking it because, for example, if using
InnoSetup then it's possible to create the setup script so that, upon
uninstallation, it will also remove whatever additional folder you
specify, that would solve your issue

Kim Hawker

Apr 12, 2022, 10:34:59 AM4/12/22
On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 9:12:45 AM UTC-5, ObiWan wrote:

> > Kim, which installer are you using to setup your program ?

Inno-5.5.3

ObiWan

Apr 12, 2022, 10:37:02 AM4/12/22
:: On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:12:42 +0200
:: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)
:: <20220412161...@mvps.org>
:: ObiWan <obi...@mvps.org> wrote:

> Just to be clear; I'm asking it because, for example, if using
> InnoSetup then it's possible to create the setup script so that, upon
> uninstallation, it will also remove whatever additional folder you
> specify, that would solve your issue

I'm referring to

https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=uninstalldeletesection

which can be used for files and/or folders

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13543901/how-to-delete-folder-during-uninstallation-process

but please, be sure to read the "NOTE" at the bottom of the first link !

Kim Hawker

Apr 12, 2022, 11:07:40 AM4/12/22
On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 9:37:02 AM UTC-5, ObiWan wrote:
> :: On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:12:42 +0200

> > Just to be clear; I'm asking it because, for example, if using
> > InnoSetup then it's possible to create the setup script so that, upon
> > uninstallation, it will also remove whatever additional folder you
> > specify, that would solve your issue
> I'm referring to
Man, you are so helpful, you are really teaching me a lot not just about VB6 now also Inno setup. I’ve been up most of the night so now am going to catch some shuteye and then continue.

Kim Hawker

Apr 12, 2022, 3:52:44 PM4/12/22
On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 9:37:02 AM UTC-5, ObiWan wrote:
> :: On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:12:42 +0200
> :: (microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion) .
> :: <20220412161...@mvps.org>
> :: ObiWan <obi...@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> > Just to be clear; I'm asking it because, for example, if using
> > InnoSetup then it's possible to create the setup script so that, upon
> > uninstallation, it will also remove whatever additional folder you
> > specify, that would solve your issue
> I'm referring to
>
> https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=uninstalldeletesection
>
> which can be used for files and/or folders
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13543901/how-to-delete-folder-during-uninstallation-process
>
> but please, be sure to read the "NOTE" at the bottom of the first link !

You have made my work much easier / better. Thank you for this [UninstallDelete] part of Innosetup. I’ve never noticed it before and it’s awesome. All is working as expected now. Thank you very much ObiWan and the links