Working around Passport Problem

Cal Learner-- MVP

Jul 27, 2004, 5:07:52 PM7/27/04
Microsoft is still working the problem, but suggests this to handle
things for now:

(1) Type in username/password and select "I don't need to use
online features that require Passport". (If you are not seeing this
option, please try closing Money and reopening it. If that still
does not allow the option to be shown, open Money with Start->Run
and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.

(2) Click "sign-in"
(3) Go to file -> password manager
(4) On "File password settings" tab -> click change -> select
"disable money's Passport features" -> select next -> enable
"disable passport" checkbox -> click finish
(5) On the "file password settings" tab -> click "use passport
sign-in" and enter username and password and sign in again.
(6) Close Money and reopen Money and you should be able to sign
in.

Ray Martin

Jul 27, 2004, 5:39:38 PM7/27/04
This workaround is completely useless! If you try to bypass the Passport
features you just get an error message saying that the password you entered
is incorrect, even if you know it's right. There is no way to get to the
password manager without having entered a password.

Don't they even know their own product?

Ray Martin

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_ne...@please.tnx> wrote in message

Richard

Jul 27, 2004, 6:18:30 PM7/27/04
Seconded - we've all tried that one already!!

Richard

"Ray Martin" <m...@home.com> wrote in message

Cal Learner

Jul 27, 2004, 6:27:10 PM7/27/04
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Richard wrote:

>Seconded - we've all tried that one already!!

Sorry it did not work.

What I would try is to do it again, while disconnected from the
Internet. If you changed your Passport/password after the problem,
try the original passport and password.

Thanks for the feedback, even tho it was not good news. I use Money
without Passport, so I have not had this problem first hand.

Richard

Jul 28, 2004, 3:28:27 AM7/28/04
Exactly the same problem occurs, even when disconnected from the internet.

Richard

"Cal Learner" <via_ne...@please.tnx> wrote in message

Paul Dennis

Jul 28, 2004, 3:34:28 AM7/28/04
I have the same problem, however when I got it I then
changed my passport password. So now I can't get into
MSMoney with either password and that's if I'm connected
to the internet or not.
>.

Alan Lee

Jul 28, 2004, 1:09:13 PM7/28/04
I cannot get this to work either - is there any news on
when MS will have fixed their Money Servers??

18.09 28th July 2004

>.

Cal Learner

Jul 28, 2004, 1:33:17 PM7/28/04
In microsoft.public.uk.money, Alan Lee wrote:

>I cannot get this to work either - is there any news on
>when MS will have fixed their Money Servers??

Microsoft has removed the cause of the problem from the servers
already. So if your file was not already affected, it will not
become so. However the cure for those who got the problem already is
being worked, but a schedule as to when the fix will be implemented
is not available.

Doug D.

Jul 28, 2004, 4:09:37 PM7/28/04
"Paul Dennis" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<584601c47475$505c7a10$a401...@phx.gbl>...
I'm have the same problem. It started yesterday, but I've have a
simular problem in the past. The only difference is that I was able
to get into Money by by passing passport. This time I cannot get into
it at all. It is had to believe that it's a passport problem seeing
that I was able to get in to Money in the past by not using it. If it
is a passport problem I will wait and see if a fix is made.

From what I've read it sounds like Microsoft does this to make people
want to buy their lates product. I hope that is not the case here.

Jaap

Jul 28, 2004, 4:58:30 PM7/28/04
It worked for me (don't forget the blank between msmoney and -s!), it
repaired the file and opened it. For me it was no use as I picked the
backupfile from my flash memory, but I just wanted to test the work-around.

"Alan Lee" <pin...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Len S.

Jul 29, 2004, 4:51:30 AM7/29/04
I posted a message on 27 July reporting this was
fixed...I cleverly left my money file open until now and
find that the login did not work up re-opening my money
file!

The solution posted above has worked for
me...however...one word of caution from my experience.

On the 27th, I noticed that I only had ONE CHANCE to log
in witout the "online features". I closed the file and
tried to re-open and found it locked with or without on-
line features.

Just now, I disconnected from the internet, chose to open
without the online features, and re-attached my passport
using the Password Manager - all appears to be OK for now.

I can't advise on how to fix what I believe I experienced
earlier where the user can get locked out completely (as
I was earlier).

I found that I had not used my support calls for Money so
I called for support and when they told me it was a
Microsoft problem, they did not decrement the number of
support calls I had left.

Good luck all...and hoping I don't have further problem
as well!

-Len

>.

fani...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 1:50:38 PM1/12/15
Buy real register Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage certificates,diplomas etc for sell Guaranteed 24 hour passport,citizenship,Id cards,driver license,diplomas,degrees,certificates service available. Tourist and business visa services available to residents of all 50 states and all nationalities Worldwide. are unique producers of Authentic High Quality passports, Real Genuine Data Base Registered and unregistered Passports and other Citizenship documents.I can guarantee you a new Identity starting from a clean new genuine Birth Certificate, ID card, Drivers License,Passports, Social security card with SSN, credit files, and credit cards, school diplomas, school degrees all in an entirely new name issued and registered in the government database system.. We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit documents.All secret features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our Registered and unregistered documents.we are unique producer of quality false and Real documents.We offer only original high-quality Registered and unregistered passports, driver´s licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomas and other products for a number of countries like:USA, Australia, Belgium,Brazil, Canada, Italian,Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa,Spain, United Kingdom.

CONTACT OUR SUPPORTERS

To get the additional information and place the order just call or contact us via email mobile.

Watch video http://youtu.be/i7qBSjVkR-8

SKYPE US ................. fandena.fandena (Bureau Fandena)

Contact; fani...@gmail.com

ORDER ANY UNIVERSAL DOCUMENTS
PASSORTS
ID card
Social security card
Drivers License
Canada Cards
United States Cards
Student Cards
International Cards
Private Cards
Adoption Certificates
Baptism Certificates
Birth Certificates
Death Certificates
Divorce Certificates
Marriage Certificates
Custom Certificates
High School Diplomas
G.E.D. Diplomas
Home School Diplomas
College Degrees
University Degrees
Trade Skill Certificates
Validate SSN Number
US green cards
Counterfeit dollars/euro
Spy Products
Voice Changers
Listening Devices
Invisible Ink
DMV Record Inquiry
Background Check
Investigate Anyone

CONTACT OUR SUPPORTERS

http://www.fanidocs.blogspot.com/

To get the additional information and place the order just call or contact us via email mobile.

Watch video http://youtu.be/i7qBSjVkR-8

SKYPE US ................. fandena.fandena (Bureau Fandena)

Contact; fani...@gmail.com

Registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M GCSE, A-levels, High School Diploma Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT Examination Certificates , Novelty Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates , Novelty Passports and New Identity Packages , Replicated, Real Degrees/Diplomas from most post-secondary institutions from around the world (we have over 3000 templates on file) all designed to look 100% identical to the original.Custom Printing (if we do not already have the template on file - simply email us a copy and we can make any alterations/modifications as per your directions).second, citizenship, identity, identification, documents, diplomatic,nationality, how to, where to, get, obtain, buy, purchase, make,build, a, passport, i.d,British, Honduras, UK, USA, us, u.s.,Canada, Canadian, foreign, visa, Swiss, card, ids, document

BUY REAL DOCUMENTS

our contacts include ex private investigators, consulates, high ranking government personnel's and experienced seasoned experts, we have solid connections with higher personnel's on all areas of real register documents and passport change in these Countries who are linked to the passport agency in each of these countries and with the help of their connections, all our clients demanding any citizenship document or passport from any countries are 100% assured as well as guaranteed of receiving very high quality real genuine registered documents that can never be identified as fake!! Not even an expertise custom official or machine can ever dictate the document as fake since the document is no different from Real government issued! All our Real genuine data base Registered citizenship documents have your personal data registered in the data base system and 100% machine readable. Feel free to get the additional detailed information about our services. Sincerely hope to find a way to cooperate with you. If any of these products interest you, please feel free to contact us. We will give you our
best price upon received of your detailed inquiry.

fani...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 1:51:25 PM1/12/15