Can't open Outbox in Windows Live Mail

A. Wechayanwiwat

Oct 18, 2007, 6:58:01 AM10/18/07
I can't open Outbox in Windows Live Mail. It's shown

Folder could not be displayed
Windows Live Mail could not open this folder.
Possible causes are:
Low disk space.
Low memory.
Windows Live Mail

Please help, how to solve it?

Wirote

Oct 19, 2007, 2:32:03 PM10/19/07
Could you tell me more about what you did? So I can try to replicate your
scenario.

A. Wechayanwiwat

Oct 19, 2007, 10:45:01 PM10/19/07
I just sent an email, and it went to Outbox but couldn't be sent. There is
some error..
".....The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's
limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties |
Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'msncleaner',
Account: 'Gmail (bangphai.rb)', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment p32sm935989hub', Port: 465,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D....."
Now, indeed, I want to delete the mail in the Outbox, but I couldn't open
the Outbox. It's shown like below message.

> > Folder could not be displayed
> > Windows Live Mail could not open this folder.
> > Possible causes are:
> > Low disk space.
> > Low memory.
> > Windows Live Mail

Do you have any idea how to solve it please?

Wirote

Oct 23, 2007, 3:15:01 PM10/23/07
- You're opening this live hotmail from Outlook application or Outlook
express, right?
If so, you can try to open Internet Explorer (IE) and browse to Hotmail, log
on to your account in IE and then try to delete the message in outlook. Then
back to Outlook and try to send/receive hotmail again.

Another way
- Try to delete Live hotmail account and try to re-add Window Live hotmail
again.

Good luck and let me know.
Wirote

A. Wechayanwiwat

Oct 25, 2007, 11:46:01 PM10/25/07
Thank you for your reply. However, it doesn't help. I'm using Windows Live
Mail Desktop, and I can't open 'Outbox' folder. I would like to know how to
see the folder?

Wirote

Nov 27, 2007, 5:39:02 PM11/27/07
Normally, I right-click on outbox and select open. It will be opened
correctly. I guess that your case, you would get an error. So I think that
solution how to fix this.
- Try to use Outlook or hotmail or outlook express connect to your window
live mail and open outbox then delete the message.
- Last solution, delete this mail box and create new one. :-)

hj87

Aug 30, 2008, 12:28:00 PM8/30/08

BelfastinDC

Mar 16, 2009, 3:03:06 PM3/16/09
I have the same problem. Using Live mail the "outbox" does not appear.
There is inbox, drafts, sent, junk e-mail, and deleted items . . . . No OUTBOX

papadude

Apr 5, 2009, 2:50:06 PM4/5/09
Here's how my Outbox LiveMail appears to work:
1. OUTBOX displays on main toolbar. If not there, right click on tool bar
and move outbox from "available" to "current buttons column".
Outbox should now show on toolbar.
Now what I have is a common outbox for all my LiveMail accounts.
e.g. When I send an email with comcast, it goes to the common outbox and
eventually is sent. I then will find a copy of the note in comcast's "sent"
folder.
I have never had anything "hang" in the outbox, but I suspect if it does you
would be able to deal with it displaying the common "OUTBOX."

I HOPE THIS HELPS.

papadude

Apr 5, 2009, 2:38:00 PM4/5/09

Vanharvey2

Mar 11, 2010, 11:30:01 AM3/11/10
Fixed it for me, thanks!

jack wilkinson

Mar 31, 2010, 3:48:14 AM3/31/10
as this i not a microsoft problem you will have to contact comcast i no it
is about windows live mail but it's becaue your uing another email client
that it is not to do with microsoft maybe you have an old verion of comcast
but i reccomend you contact them or look at there newgroups
hope this helps
"Vanharvey2" <Vanha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message