Object Explorer Used to be Fixed to Left Side of SSMS

RMCompute

Mar 20, 2010, 10:06:01 AM3/20/10
The object explorer used to be fixed to the left side of SQL Server
Management Studio and the query ran to the right of it. Now the query
occupies the full screen and the object explorer is floating in the middle of
the screen. Does anyone know how to return to the original settings of
object explorer on the left and then the query?

Andrew J. Kelly

Mar 20, 2010, 10:27:03 AM3/20/10
Just drag it over and dock it where you want it.

--

Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Solid Quality Mentors

"RMCompute" <RMCo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Erland Sommarskog

Mar 20, 2010, 3:17:59 PM3/20/10
Andrew J. Kelly (sqlmvpn...@shadhawk.com) writes:
> Just drag it over and dock it where you want it.

"Just"? The docking interface is completely hopeless and can keep
you busy a rainy afternoon to figure it out. I found that I should
move the floating window to the centre cross, and then move it over
the left arrow and let go of it there.

I can only wish RMCompute good luck!

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Rick Byham, MSFT

Mar 22, 2010, 10:58:38 AM3/22/10
On the Windows menu, click Reset Window Layout.
That should restore the default. It may not reset everything though.
--
Rick Byham, MSFT
(Implies no warranty or rights)

"Erland Sommarskog" <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote in message

Prabahar Chandrasekar

Jan 18, 2011, 6:58:44 AM1/18/11
Thanks for the solution

> On Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:06 AM RMCompute wrote:

> The object explorer used to be fixed to the left side of SQL Server
> Management Studio and the query ran to the right of it. Now the query
> occupies the full screen and the object explorer is floating in the middle of
> the screen. Does anyone know how to return to the original settings of
> object explorer on the left and then the query?

>> On Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:27 AM Andrew J. Kelly wrote:

>> Just drag it over and dock it where you want it.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
>> Solid Quality Mentors

>>> On Monday, March 22, 2010 10:58 AM Rick Byham, MSFT wrote:

>>> On the Windows menu, click Reset Window Layout.
>>> That should restore the default. It may not reset everything though.
>>> --
>>> Rick Byham, MSFT
>>> (Implies no warranty or rights)

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>>> JSONP AJAX and ASP.NET Demystified
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b71ea548-93e0-4cec-9fb1-35f641b83e65/jsonp-ajax-and-aspnet-demystified.aspx

Message has been deleted

aung...@innovix-solutions.com

Jun 6, 2016, 6:35:54 AM6/6/16
thanks million

linda.wi...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 11:44:54 AM9/19/17
On Monday, March 22, 2010 at 10:58:38 AM UTC-4, Rick Byham, MSFT wrote:
> On the Windows menu, click Reset Window Layout.
> That should restore the default. It may not reset everything though.
> --
> Rick Byham, MSFT
> (Implies no warranty or rights)

Thanks so much. That's the answer