update a sum between two tables in ado vb6

csvand...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 9:42:52 AM8/4/17
Hello my friends

I am building an account-program, for that:

I want to update a field in an access table.
The field should add the value in tableR.bedrag
with the sum in tabelb.bedrag in a certain periode
A bit like this:

Update TableB set Bedrag = TableR.Bedrag + SUm(tableB.bedrag) where datum between fromdate and todate.

where TabelR.bedrag is the value from a previous periode, written in tabelR

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance

Catharinus

csvand...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 9:58:12 AM8/4/17
Op vrijdag 4 augustus 2017 15:42:52 UTC+2 schreef csvand...@gmail.com:
And I forgot something to mention:
The Two tables are joins via the field tabelr.reken and tabelb.reken

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 4, 2017, 3:19:22 PM8/4/17
(csvand...@gmail.com) writes:
> I am building an account-program, for that:
>
> I want to update a field in an access table.
> The field should add the value in tableR.bedrag
> with the sum in tabelb.bedrag in a certain periode
> A bit like this:
>
> Update TableB set Bedrag = TableR.Bedrag + SUm(tableB.bedrag) where datum
> between fromdate and todate.
>
> where TabelR.bedrag is the value from a previous periode, written in
> tabelR

If we overlook that this forum/newsgroup is dead, the scope for this
newsgroup is SQL Server, and you talk about Access. I would recommend
that you find an Access forum to answer the question. While both SQL Server
and Access use SQL, there are considerable differences between the two.