Automation Testing of Stored Procedures in SQL Server

bharat...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 8:35:07 AM11/7/16
Hi, I am a newbie in SQL. I use SQL server for database management in my company. I am assigned task to automate the manual testing of business rules/stored procedures. I am searching for a method which is generic for automating any business rule testing (There are hundreds of business rules). Can somebody suggest me which technology is best suited for this ? Also what could be a better choice between TSQL and DBUnit for this task ?

paulh...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2016, 3:26:34 AM11/8/16
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 1:35:07 PM UTC, bharat...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I am a newbie in SQL....

I've just started using tSQLt (http://tsqlt.org/) for automated testing of Stored Procs. It's fake tables and views are very proving very helpful. It does create a lot of schema objects itself within the database under test, but our Source Control (RedGate) is able to distinguish and ignore them for the purposes of source control if necessary.

Regards,

Paul Logan.