How do you install the MSOLAP provider for SQL Server 2005?

Richard Hollis

Oct 8, 2007, 11:44:53 AM10/8/07
Hi everyone

How do you install the MSOLAP provider for SQL Server 2005?

I've seen postings for older versions of SQL (8.0, 7.0) but not for
2005. I need to install the provider onto an IIS box and I cannot
seem to find any posting or web article that actually hints at what
install you need to run to get this provider and get the support for
ADO and ADOMD.

Is it just the native client from the 2005 CD or the server components
option? I really need to understand what install/setup installs the
provider so that I can factor this in to our build documentation.

Thanks
Richard

Jeje

Oct 9, 2007, 10:03:59 PM10/9/07
search for the SQL Server 2005 feature pack (feb 2007 version)
you'll found the OLEDB for OLAP 9.0 drivers here.

"Richard Hollis" <rich...@littleredfrog.com> wrote in message

Richard Hollis

Oct 15, 2007, 5:45:10 AM10/15/07
Hi Jeje

Thanks for that.

After spending even longer looking I did actually come across the
feature pack and it did solve the problem. I've just popped back to
update the thread, but you beat me to it!

Thanks again
Richard

hiral...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 2:55:17 AM3/12/14