CellSetGrid2 exception - SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 or later required

rowan...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2009, 6:03:01 AM6/8/09

I have been trying to use the CellSetGrid asp.net control in a sample
project:

To give some background information:

I have MS SQL SERVER 2008 with Reporting Services, Analysis Services
and Intgeration Services installed on my test server. On my
development server i have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 installed.

The following is sample source code from my project, pageLoad event:

{
if (Page.IsPostBack == false)
{
OLAPControls.CellSetGrid2 csg = csgMain;
//String dbConn = "server=
(rohan);uid=username;pwd=pwd;database=SampleCube";
String dbConn = "Data Source=servername;Initial
Catalog=SampleCube;User Id=uid;Password=pwd";
String dbCube = "doctocn";

csg.ConnectionString = dbConn;
csg.Cube = dbCube;
}
}

I receive a SQL Server Analysis 2005 or later required exception when
i start debugging on the default.aspx web page of mine:

The following lines of code is something that i found in the
CellSetGrid2.cs csharp code file that could be causing this to occur:

// Check server version - Yukon and later supported
if (Convert.ToInt32
(this.oConnection.ServerVersion.Substring(0, 1)) < 9)
{
this.oCellSetState.IsAllOK = false;
this.oCellSetState.ExceptionMessage = "SQL Server
Analysis Services 2005 or later required.";
this.oConnection.Close();
return;
}

I have been stuck on this issue for quite sometime, any kind of help
would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Sibeesh Venu

Jul 14, 2015, 7:54:30 AM7/14/15
HI,
Could you solve this issue? I am also facing the same problem. Can you please help me?

Kindest Regards
Sibeesh Venu
www.sibeeshpassion.com